Inauguration Ceremony of the President and Vice President of the Family Federation for a Heavenly Korea > 뉴스

본문 바로가기

News

뉴스

Inauguration Ceremony of the President and Vice President of the Family Federation for a Heavenly Korea2018-01-05

본문

On 11.9 by the heavenly calendar in the 5th year of Cheon Il Guk (December 26, 2017) at 10:30 am, the Inauguration ceremony of the President and Vice President of the Family Federation for a Heavenly Korea, and the farewell ceremony of the former President of the FFWPU-Korea, was held at the grand hall in the Chinhwa Education Building B. Dignitaries who attended were the now new President of the Family Federation for a Heavenly Korea, Gi-seong Lee; former President of FFWPU-Korea Kyeong-seuk Ryu; Vice President of the Family Federation for a Heavenly Korea, Jin-tae Ju; Dr. Hak Ja Han Moon’s Secretariat, Wonju McDevitt; Continental Chairman of FFWPU-North America, Dr. Ki-hoon Kim; Chairman of FFWPU-Japan, Yong-cheon Song; Chairman of the board of the Tongil Group, Yun-gi Choi; President of Sun Moon University, Sun Jo Hwang; Director, Committee of Elder Pastors, Jun-su Yang; pastors from the capital region, and Cheon Il Guk leaders. There were a total of about 700 participants. This inauguration ceremony was led by the Director of the Blessed Family Department of the Family Federation for a Heavenly Korea, Seong-bok Hong (Master of Ceremonies, MC) in the following order: opening remarks; gyeong-bae (bow); Cheon Il Guk Anthem; Family Pledge; Report to Heaven by Director Jun-su Yang; greetings and awarding certificates of merit by Secretariat Wonju McDevitt; offering of flowers by Korean District Leader, Rev. In-chang Kim; farewell speech by former President Kyeong-seuk Ryu; offering of flowers by District Leader Dong-woo Kim; inaugural speech by President Gi-seong Lee; offering of flowers by the staff of FFWPU In-jung Oh and Jeong-eun Kim; inaugural speech by Jin-tae Ju; congratulatory song by singer Yasuko Sakata; congratulatory poetry reading by poet Jong-won Go and Deok-myeong Yun; congratulatory message by Sun-jo Hwang; cheers of Eog Mansei and closing remarks.  
Since the goal for Vision 2020 national restoration is almost 2 years away, at True Mother’s meeting with the Korean church leaders on 10.28 by the heavenly calendar in the 5th year of Cheon Il Guk (December 15, 2017), True Parents launched the Family Federation for a Heavenly Korea to achieve the goal as the final winning move. At this time, They also appointed Gi-seong Lee as president and Jin-tae Ju as vice president. True Parents now consider Korea as one continent and have reorganized it as 5 districts identical to those of 5 countries. Under a more decentralized system, they have asked members to compete in good faith and make all-out efforts to fulfill national restoration.
Dr. Hak Ja Han Moon’s Secretariat, Wonju McDevitt gave words of encouragement in her greetings by saying, “As the completion of Vision 2020 is nearly 2 years away, we will deliver the HyoJeong tradition worldwide in order to settle an ideal peaceful world. In order to encourage us to attend our Heavenly Parent rather than just believing in Heavenly Parent, True Parents re-named the FFWPU-Korea to the Family Federation for a Heavenly Korea. I hope that all the leaders will be united, show their sincere efforts, and be motivated by this occasion.”
Kyeong-seuk Ryu, the former President of FFWPU-Korea, stepped on the stage for his farewell speech and gave thanks to True Parents for giving him grace during his presidency. He said, “In the past 4 years, my work as president was not always in the right place, but True Parents guided me with Their deep love and embraced my heart. I was born and raised as a 2nd generation child, but struggled so much to overcome people’s prejudice of our church’s culture and True Parents’ ideal. I decided to become a church leader with a dream to change their preconceptions of our church.  I felt how beautiful and what a great life it was to testify to True Parents. When our communities share a warm and loving culture through the teachings and ideals of True Parents’, the world will come to respect our church and assimilate it into their lives and culture.” He referred to the new president, Gi-seong Lee, as a man who set out on a path of working for True Parents with utmost devotion and action to bring results. He suggested that when the spirit world and physical world center around the new president, Korea will be restored to a country that attends Heavenly Parent with one heart and one mind.
In his inaugural speech, the new President Gi-seong Lee said, “I have served in a public mission for 47 years since joining our movement. The reason True Parents loved and raised me was to prepare the Family Federation for a Heavenly Korea as an altar on which I would be a sacrifice for the providence. I determined to put myself on that altar and have vowed with faith and obedience that I would follow them and fulfill my new mission. I made a life-or-death decision, to invest everything I have and actualize True Parents’ teachings.” As for True Parents’ order to restore all nations, he went on to say, “First, with the heart of HyoJeong, we must be aligned as if at high noon before True Parents. Second, we should be humble in front of True Parents. Third, we should follow True Parents’ teachings and attach the fire of spirit and truth to the Family Federation for a Heavenly Korea. Fourth, we should be united with all of the providential institutions and vow to win the Vision of 2020. Last, during my presidency for the past 3 years at the Cheongpyeong Heaven and Earth Training Center, I have realized the importance of Cheongpyeong Works during this time of True Parents’ direct dominion over heaven and earth. At this holy ground of the new Jerusalem, HJ Cheonwon, we should advance the whole country to praise True Parents through becoming one with Cheongpyeong!”

The new vice president, Jin-tae Ju, said in his inaugural speech, “After receiving the 6500 couple’s international blessing in Korea and Japan, I have raised our two sons and worked as a missionary in Japan for 20 years. I returned home in obedience to heavenly commands as if a salmon had swum over two hundred million miles to give birth to the land where the salmon had been born. I will invest everything I have in order to fulfill our Heavenly Parent’s will by becoming one with True Parents.” I also put great value on communication and sharing as a way to achieve the goal that the Family Federation for a Heavenly Korea pursues.” He then shared the Ten Commandments of the Era of Cheon Il Guk that he always had on his mind as he worked on his mission. He determined to become a leader suited to the task in the Era of Cheon Il Guk.
President Gi-seong Lee was born in Cheonan, Chungnam Province. After joining the Unification Church movement in November 1971, he began his first ministry in April, 1973 at Hampyeong Church, Jeonnam Province. He built up a lot of devotion and result on the forefront of the providence, through having served as the Seongbuk District Leader, the head of the Central Training Center, Director of Witnessing Department of FFWPU, and Vice President of FFWPU. As the president of the Cheongpyeong Heaven and Earth Training Center for the last 3 years, he was recognized for his personality, performance, and spirituality by stabilizing the Cheongpyeong Works which had been in its most confusing period since True Father’s ascension. (Provided by Sunhak Institute of History-link:  (Korean))

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • URL Copy